About Socks for Change
Socks for Change provides high quality socks and winter accessories to schools and charitable organizations in the Niagara Region. Our mission is to inspire humanity and hope, by spreading warmth and improving the health and wellness of those marginalized in our Niagara communities.
What We’re Looking for in a Socks for Change Board Member
Socks for Change is seeking a Niagara community member to join our Board of Directors. Socks for Change is a Niagara charity and Board members must be Niagara residents. The ideal candidate has a background in marketing, finance, real estate or home building. The candidate demonstrates a history of community involvement and a passion for improving poverty in Niagara.
The primary responsibilities of a Socks for Change Board member include:
- Champion the Socks for Change mission statement and guide the organization to ensure our actions and activities are serving the beneficiaries of our mission.
- Promote Socks for Change and our activities to your network of contacts: friends, colleagues, family and peers, as well as out in the community.
- Active participation in fundraising, including identifying prospects or opening doors to possible donors, promoting events and fundraising activities to your personal network.
- Provide leadership, oversight, support and evaluation for high-level staff and when necessary, assist with hiring.
- Ensure effective organizational planning including stewardship, financial accountability, strategic planning, analysis of trends and community need and evaluation of plans and programs.
- Attending quarterly Board meetings, as well as additional meetings and events throughout the year. Meetings generally take place in person, in St. Catharines but may change.
- A minimum 2-year term commitment to the Socks for Change Board of Directors.